Elder Law Attorney San Diego
Jack E. Stephens was the first elder law attorney in San Diego to gain recognition as a member and program speaker in the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys. The best service and counsel for Elder Law Attorney San Diego.
The Problem: As individuals grow older, their decision-making capabilities are reduced. As a result, they can become vulnerable to financial elder abuse by scam artists and even some family members.
Our elder law attorney San Diego services provide a benefit for you and your family by:
1. Providing safeguards to abuse in the Family/Living Trust and Powers of Attorney, which includes Accounting requirements to 3rd parties by the Successor Trustee or appointed financial agent;
2. Protecting the Home from Medi-Cal claims and liens and preserves its transfer to the children without encumbrance;
3. Providing Trust Protector provisions in the Family/Living Trust to ensure the intentions of the elder are followed and avoid dissension among siblings;
4. Providing Co-Trustee arrangement and requiring two (2) signatures to protect against significant financial withdrawals from accounts;
5. Clarifying the decision-making between the financial and healthcare agents so as to avoid conflict between the two; and
6. Allowing the elder to make their own healthcare decisions while competent to alleviate that burden from the other spouse or children.
Consult with the experienced Elder Law Attorney San Diego at Stephens Law Group for more information, and some peace of mind! Planning ahead puts all the necessary legal pieces in place for when you need them.